Collection of Personal Information
AICA collects personal information belonging to customers within the scope required in providing a portion of content, questionnaires, email-based services and other such services to provide customers with better service.
Management and Protection of Personal Information
When managing the personal information of customers, AICA will take the following safety control measures in managing customers' personal information.
(Organizational safety control measures)
- AICA will appoint a person responsible for the handling of personal data (Personal Information Manager).
- Clarify the employees who handle personal data and the scope of personal data to be handled by such employees.
- Establish a system for reporting to the Personal Information Manager in the event that a violation of the law or company regulations is detected.
- Regular audits of the status of personal information handling by other departments or outside parties are conducted.
(Personnel safety control measures)
- Regular training for employees on matters to keep in mind regarding the handling of personal information
- Include matters concerning the confidentiality of personal information in employment regulations.
(Physical safety control measures)
- In the area where personal information is handled, control access to the room for employees, limit the equipment they bring in, and implement measures to prevent access to personal information by unauthorized persons.
- Take measures to prevent theft or loss of equipment, electronic media, documents, etc. that handle personal information.
- When equipment, electronic media, etc. that handle personal information are carried, including within the business site, measures are taken to prevent personal information from being easily discovered.
(Technical safety control measures)
- Implement access control to limit the scope of personnel in charge and personal information handled.
- Implement mechanisms to protect information systems that handle personal information from unauthorized access from outside or unauthorized software.
(Grasping the external environment)
- We may entrust the handling of personal information to a third party in a foreign country. In such cases, we implement safety management measures based on our understanding of the systems for the protection of personal information in the relevant country.
- We may use a cloud service provided by a third party in a foreign country to store personal data, or may store personal data on a server in a foreign country. In such cases, we implement safety control measures based on our understanding of the systems for the protection of personal information in the relevant countries.
Outsourcing the handling of personal information
AICA may outsource the handling of personal information within the scope of the purpose of use in order to provide customers with better service. In such cases, AICA will select either a company in its corporate group or a subcontractor (hereinafter referred to as an “Operational Contractor”) that is deemed to be handling personal information appropriately. AICA will ensure that Operational Contractors conduct the appropriate management of personal information and ensure that Operational Contractors set down the items necessary to ensure that no leakage of personal information or other such events pertaining to personal information occur, which is to be facilitated by rules being put in place such as those related to the management of personal information, confidentiality, and the prohibition of personal information being further provided to another party.
Use of Personal Information
AICA will use the personal information collected from customers for the following purposes.
Types of personal information
Purpose of use
Information submitted through our website or showroom
Information submitted for prize competitions, various campaigns, questionnaires, etc.
Information on customers who participate in events planned and operated by the Company
Information sent to the Inquiry Center
Information about our business partners
In cases where personal information is provided by customers, they may receive emails or other forms of contact containing information believed to be of interest to them from either AICA or an Operational Contractor. If customers do not wish to have this kind of information sent to them, we will stop the sending of such information once AICA or the Operational Contractor are provided with a request to that effect.
Provision of Personal Information
AICA will never disclose or provide the personal information of customers to third parties other than Operational Contractors without the consent of the customer to whom the information pertains. However, AICA may disclose or provide personal information without the consent of the customer to whom the information pertains in cases where the disclosure thereof is required in accordance with laws and regulations, or when a request to that effect has been made by a public institution such as a court of law or the police.
Disclosure, Corrections and Other Actions Relating to Personal Information
When AICA receives a request from a customer to disclose, correct, or delete his/her personal information, AICA will investigate the request and respond to it in accordance with the law.
This website may use information obtained via cookies*1 for the following purposes:
- To investigate the number of website users and website traffic
- To provide services and information which are tailored to individual customers based on website browsing history of the customer in question
- To prompt reentry (reauthentication) of passwords by customers when a certain period has passed since their last instance of usage in order to maintain security
- To provide services and information which are tailored to individual customers in reference to the registered information of customers that is on file when the customer logs into an authentication service
- To conduct sales promotion activities for products and services of AICA that are relevant to the personal information that AICA has acquired on a separate occasion
Please note that cookie information may be stored and referenced via third parties based on subcontracting arrangements with third parties involving the consignment of advertisement distribution.
Cookies can be deleted or turned off by customers using the browser settings. Please note that you may be unable to receive some AICA services as a result.
- Cookies: Cookies are mechanisms which store information, which has been communicated between browsers and servers when using a website, such as usage history and information entered on websites, on the customer’s computer in the form of files.
For inquiries concerning the personal information of customers, please contact us().
January 23, 2023
Aica Kogyo Company, Limited
JP Tower Nagoya, 26F, 1-1-1 Meieki,
Nakamura-Ku, Nagoya, Aichi, 450-6326, Japan
Representative Director & President
Revised January 23, 2023